VisualVM 2.1.4 has been released on July 19th, 2022. This document describes changes introduced by this release.
- Microsoft Windows
- Linux: Intel platform, ARM HFLT, AArch64
- macOS: Intel platform, Apple M1
- Oracle JDK 8~18
- OpenJDK 8~18
- GraalVM 19~22
Features and Enhancements:
- HeapViewer improvements:
- GH-413: [HeapViewer] Sample different elements from large arrays when inspecting a heap dump
- GH-409: [HeapViewer] Try to improve the accuracy of the instance size
- GH-407: [HeapViewer] Improve preview for byte arrays.
- GH-404: [HeapViewer] Add UI for working with multi-heap dumps.
- GH-402: [HeapViewer] Display number of elements for java.util.Properties
- GH-412: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on Memory Snapshot Diff Class Expansion
- GH-410: Wrong metaspace max values visualisation
- GH-406: Allow to use HeapProgress in head-less environment
- GH-405: Add API to get number of dumps stored in multi-heap dump file.
- GH-398: Missing known blocking method in KQueue
- GH-187: Taking Heap Dump does not work for tunnelled connection to a remote host