VisualVM 2.1.7 has been released on September 19th, 2023. This document describes changes introduced by this release.
- Microsoft Windows
- Linux: Intel platform, ARM HFLT, AArch64
- macOS: Intel platform, Apple Silicon
- Oracle JDK 8~21
- OpenJDK 8~21
- GraalVM 19~23
Features and Enhancements:
- Full support for running on/monitoring & profiling JDK 21:
- GH-516: JDK 21 support
- Heap viewer improvements:
- GH-501: [HeapViewer] display logical value of java.lang.VirtualThread
- GH-520: [HeapViewer] Incorrect object array size
- GH-519: Missing known blocking method in UnixDomainSockets and EPoll
- GH-518: Wrong max heap detected when using Generational ZGC.
- GH-515: OQL: TypeError: Right-hand-side of instanceof is not callable in
at line number 1299
- GH-509: Maven process not recognized
- GH-508: Incorrect description for maven process
- GH-500: [JFR] Threads with same name merged
- GH-498: Control+click on macOS on a row in CPU Sampler does not display context menu
- GH-496: Profiler tabs show same results
- GH-495: NetBeans platform application without name and version
- GH-493: Application detected as "Local Application"
- GH-490: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in "eager instrumentation scheme"